Notre Dame High School, Sheffield: Curriculum Intent
“The whole child: head, heart and hands” – St Julie
St. Julie believed that education should be for all, whatever their ability. At Notre Dame, we follow the legacy left behind by St Julie and we continue to teach our students “whatever is necessary for life”. To achieve this, it is essential that the Curriculum is designed to allow all students to thrive, and so that students feel safe, respected and successful in their learning, leaving prepared for the next stage of their journey.
The school continues this tradition today to create:
- Successful learners who thrive and who enjoy their learning; make good progress and achieve their potential.
- Confident individuals who are able to live safe, healthy and fulfilling lives.
- Responsible global citizens who choose to make a positive contribution to society.
Notre Dame family of schools also share a unique bond with the Hallmarks which we promote and aim to live out through decision and actions; The Hallmarks of Notre Dame are also central to our Curriculum Intent;
- We proclaim by our lives even more than by our words that God is good
2. We honour the dignity and sacredness of each person
3. We educate for and on behalf of justice and peace in the world
4. We commit ourselves to community service
5. We embrace the gift of diversity
6. We create community among those with whom we work and with those we serve
7. We develop holistic learning communities which educate for life
Click the links below to see our Curriculum Overview and a summary of our Departmental Intent Statements.